Thursday 21 June 2012

Injured my self for around 4 weeks

On 22nd May my leg suddenly got swollen, and it felt so painful i can't walk. So i decided to go see a Chinese doctor (sinse). Sinse said that  i sprained my ankle, so my bone and nerve was bad.
I don't even know when did  i sprain my ankle. I could only remember that on 1st of May i almost tripped and  my leg hurt for awhile. after that i continue wall climbing and swimming on the same day. after one week, i even went to wall climb again. Didn't know that suddenly my leg give  up on me.
First time Getting wrapped

Even Indian go for these things huh ^.^

Second day, my leg is  quite ok, so i use it a lot.
It hurt so badly i have to put counter pain.
Went to see Sinse again on the second day as my leg hurts worst than the day before. It hurts even i don't move it.
My leg start to swollen as blood start to clot around my ankle.
Doctor said  i shouldn't walk too much with my leg.
That is what the Sinse  use to wrap my leg. Medicinal herbs.

She even Scrapped my leg to release the tension of  my nerve. (gua sha)
This Hurts like hell! but feel quite good after that. I seriously don't know how  i go through the pain.

After four times wrapping my leg (each on a subsequent day), I started to have some allergy reaction. 

In awhile  It became this red looking thing.
After few more days, it became so serious, i have water under my skin. It's freaking itchy and disturbing.
From the start The doctor gave me this list of what not to eat! Mostly Everything la.


I ate chap fan for lunch and dinner. Every day! I cant eat long beans tho, this one  made my leg painful for awhile.

This is Good! one of the meal that made me happy but i ate  it in the dark since  my apartment have a sudden black out.
But the coleslaw  has cabbage which i shouldn't take, gave me pain again
  Well, I learn a lot of what to eat and what not when i have these. and those pains and itchiness.

Parents advised me to take these Glucosamine pills. 


And  by now, It is my 5th Appointment with Doctor. Doctor said my leg has  pretty well got better. Bones and nerve are in place. But it still hurts because of the allergy reaction which causes swelling. 
there wouldn't be any pictures now, as it is VERY ugly with skin peeling and all. I will update the pictures here next time.
Special Thanks to Daniel Chiam for taking care of the shop when i have to stay home and rest. Allen Goh whom had always bring me to see doctor and  also going to the shop to help out. Terry Vun for helping me and taking care of everything at home when i became disabled. No walking and everything else. 
Seriously thanks for all these life savers. 

And for all those whom have worried and cared. Thank you very much. I am truly lucky to have so many friends who cared. 

However, During this time, eat at home and rest at home. All the hard work i have done is just jumping on one leg if  i go to see doctor. jumping from House to lift, Lift to car, Car to doctor, Then back home. But one great thing happen is that  i Lost 3KG!

I am still waiting for my leg to heal. The allergy is wearing off, leg is better. i can walk and  stand and even drive now. 



Hasta Luego~ Cheers!
Grateful for good friends,

Andrew Tham
Twitter : @NdruTham

4 comments:

  1. Oouch! it's the right leg!! and hope you get well soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. becareful on your leg :) and..3kg is alot! However, do take care..

    Latest: Pretty Whitesoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. yeah, but you look so good you dont have to loose any :)

      Delete