Wednesday 15 July 2020

12/7/20 sunday service - Count of things loss

Today service the main verse we read is Phillipians 3 : 8 - 11
Then Pastor Kenneth asked this mind-boggling Question. 

This is a good question because it kick start something in me. I became introspective. And its going deep.  So my answer is this. 

When i chose God, and came back to Sabah on 2012, Leaving Kl for good and coming back to Sabah. It wasn't comfortable and it certainly is a leaving my "comfort zone" kind of thing. 
I left a great place, a great church, great mentor, great ministry and opportunity in church (in ministry and also girls *wink wink* you know what i mean) and great friends in church. Other than church, i lose out on job opportunity, career advancement, business opportunity, and relationship opportunity (imagine how many chance i would have in a big city with so many people i could meet). 

I consider all this as a Loss.

Just by following God. and to know i am walking in His plans, is a blessing and comfort for me.  Even though sometimes it felt like walking on water. But through these years in Sabah. What i felt, i have lost, God have proven faithful and have been blessing me back. 

Seeing God move in me, through me and with me. And through all this, helps me see and know God even more than ever!
His power, His character, His faithfulness, His thoughts, His perspective, His ways, His Love and many more. Being able to suffer together as i am given a chance to serve him in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. 

Even when i am back in KK, everyone was looking and wondering what i can do. I actually came back defeated. (I failed in business, i have debts, i have no house, no car, no career) Yet, i found Him, and know him, and to be able to walk in faith and rely on him. This reliance, helps me to walk in righteousness in God. Even though there are ups and downs, and i have done many mistakes, but walking in this way, helps me enjoy His righteousness. And i found that it is imposibble for me to be righteous and sin-less. However i can put on the righteousness of God and i can follow Him. I can have victory over sin. I Can persue God and Christlikeness. It is a lifelong journey to work on my Salvation. 

This start me thinking what if:
1. If i had stayed in KL and disobey God's calling for me to go back to Sabah, I might end up serving ministry than God.
2. I might be too comfortable to self improve
(I learned patience and change of views., i now believe in efficacy rather than being efficient, there are so much more)
3. I Found the love of my life
4. I get to live a life of what God wants me to be.
5. I get to have Opportunity and experience to create and bring forth changes in Likas Baptist Church
6. I had 3 years of roofing industry expereience and another 4 years of getting to know the entire sabah market, meeting and building rapport with directors in sabah. A Job experience that i wouldnt have in KL. 
7. A Business experience of doing roofing business and now a chance to enter into detergent supply and car care business.
8. At the highest of my salary in Sabah, i once earned five figure salary. 
9. I have met and made Great friends
10. More importantly, i get to build and spend time with my Parents and siblings. I get to spend time with my niece and nephew. (especially during MCO, i can see how precious this is)

After introspecting, I think I can say this now, "I Have no Regrets and i Have not loss anything, instead i have gain so much more".

So this is my response to God:
I am remembered of the Joy of following God as i write this. 
And i want to conclude that Following God is amazing.

So I will write my answer to this question in a form of My prayer to God. 

Dear Lord, be it deep waters or high mountains, good or bad or tough times, even if to suffer with you. God, as long as you are with me, i am contented and blessed. I want to renew my pledge with You Lord, That please lead me, send me and i will go. I want to walk in you and with you. Help me to walk in faith and to step out into the unknown, as long as i know you are with me, i will go. 
In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment